NOTICE TO EMERGENCY SERVICES
2015 Smithville Santa Claus Parade
Regional Road 20 (Highway 20/West Street/St. Catharines Street) between
South Grimsby Road 5 and Industrial Park Road, and
Regional Road 14 (Griffin Street/Canborough Street/ Townline Road) between
Regional Road 20 (St. Catharines Street) and Regional Road 14 (Townline Road) and between Port Davidson Road and Regional Road 20 (Highway 20)
In the Township of West Lincoln
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE (Saturday, November 28, 2015 between 1 to 4 p.m.)
Motorists and the general public are hereby advised that portions of Regional Road 20 (Highway 20/West Street/St. Catharines Street) and Regional Road 14 (Griffin Street/Canborough Street/ Townline Road) in the community of Smithville will be closed to through traffic on Saturday, November 28, 2015 from approximately 1 – 4 p.m. The road closure is necessary to permit the 2015 Smithville Santa Claus Parade.
Local residents and emergency services will have access. No through traffic will be permitted. Detour routes will be posted along Regional Road 20 and Regional Road 14 as illustrated in the link (attachment) above.
Any inquiries concerning this closure may be directed to Wendy Beaty at 905-957-3346 extension 4694, Township of West Lincoln
Your co-operation and patience during this period of inconvenience will be appreciated.
Ron Tripp, P. Eng.
Commissioner of Public Works
|Public Works Transportation
1815 Sir Isaac Brock Way, PO Box 1042, Thorold, ON L2V 4T7
Telephone: 905-980-6000 Toll-free: 1-800-263-7215 Fax: 905-685-0013 www.niagararegion.ca
Recreation Services offers a wide variety of programs for all ages and varied interests. We work with existing community groups to provide support for community-based activities. We believe that it is our role to ensure that the residents of the Township of West Lincoln have as many opportunities as possible to develop healthy lifestyles through the pursuit of positive leisure time activities and the development of new skills.
We strive to maintain and enhance the many activities, events and qualities that serve to make our community unique. Our programs, facilities and services are open to everyone in the community. We value and welcome your input and involvement in the process of change.
Our responsibilities include
- Programming of recreation, fitness and leisure activities for all ages.
- Maintaining parkland, playground equipment, sports fields & municipal flower beds.
- Maintaining various indoor recreation facilities such as: West Lincoln Community Centre & Arena, Wellandport Community Centre, Silverdale Community Centre & Caistor Community Centre.
- Scheduling of sports fields (baseball diamonds, soccer fields, football fields) and indoor recreation facilities (arena & meeting rooms).
- Working with community groups and planning special events including:
- Promotion and advertising of department programs and services
- Long range planning and the development of new parks, facilities and programs to meet the leisure needs of the community