Payments can be made at the Township Office by debit, cash or cheque. Please make cheques payable to The Township of West Lincoln and mail to:Township of West Lincoln Box 400 Smithville, Ontario L0R 2A0
To avoid interest and penalty charges, payment of accounts must be received at the Municipal Office on or before the due date. When mailing a payment, the ratepayer assumes the responsibility for late arrival of payments in this office. There is a night depository located at the back entrance to the Municipal Office for those who wish to make payments after hours. Cheques only, NO CASH.
The Township offers preauthorized payment plans for the convenience of our ratepayers. Forms are available at the Municipal Office as well as below.
Two plans are available. Automatic withdrawal from your bank account can be:
- On the quarterly installment date or
- A 12 month plan beginning in November and continuing until the following October. ***Automatic debit of your bank account is on the 15th of each month.***
- For those on the quarterly installment plan, recalculation of the annual tax levy based on any assessment and tax rate changes are reflected on the final bills mailed in late June and noted on the July and September payment stubs.
- For those on the 12 month plan, notices are mailed in October each year to advise you of the monthly amounts beginning November 15th until June 15th.***Recalculation of the annual tax levy based on any assessment and tax rate changes will be reflected on the final property tax bills mailed in late June and any change in taxes will be spread over the final four payments, from July 15th to October 15th.***
Also offered – PC Banking, Telephone Banking and Debit Machines – contact your financial institution for details. For more information, please contact the Treasury Department at 905-957-3346.
|Pre-Authorized Water Payment Application||91.8 KB|
NEW! Make a payment online
The Township of West Lincoln has partnered with Paymentus Corporation to bring you the convenience of paying by credit card. Paymentus Corporation is a third party automated payment service that accepts Visa or Mastercard. Payment can be accepted online or over the phone.
Paymentus charges 1.75% of payment of the Water and/or Property Tax Bill.
Please note the Township of West Lincoln does not receive any part of the service fee. Paymentus is an independent company providing a service for the Township of West Lincoln.
Customers should be ready with:
- The account number located on your bill
- The amount you wish to pay on your bill (any balance more than $1000 must be paid in separate increments)
- Your credit card
To access the service either:
Call toll free 1-844-646-7493 and you will be linked to a secure automated telephone payment system powered by our bill payment partner, Paymentus Corporation, or
Click on the Paymentus link, and you will be transferred to a secure web page: