What Requires a Permit:
- Fireplace (Gas, Wood inserts) and solid fuel burning appliances
- Porches, decks, pools, towers
- Renovations and alterations to existing building, additions, new buildings over 108 sq. ft.
- Building systems: heating and plumbing
- Demolition of buildings
- Change of use of building
- Portable Buildings
Building without a Permit:
- Minimum Fine: Double Permit Fees
- Maximum fine: $50,000.00
- Section 36(3) of the Building Code Act
Other Risks of not getting a Building Permit:
- Structure not complying with the Building Code, may involve the removal of the structural
- All buildings/structures must be in compliance with the Township’s Zoning Bylaw this could prevent a permit being issued, minor variance or zoning amendment maybe required in order to proceed.
The Building division of West Lincoln handles the permits required for building and/or renovating. The permits gives the builder the legal authorization to start construction. The application forms for permits can be found under the tabs below.