The Planning & Development Division of the Planning & Development and Building & By-law Department is responsible for policy planning and development review in the Township.
The Township’s Official Plan, Zoning By-law, the development application review process and the Committee of Adjustment are also under the umbrella of the Planning & Development Division. The goal of the department is to help the community grow and develop while enhancing the social, economic and environmental aspects of the community.
Our planning services include:
- Policy planning;
- Administering and reviewing development applications such as:
- Subdivisions and Condominiums;
- Land Severances
- Site Plans
- Assessing and recommending appropriate land use changes in accordance with our Official Plan and Zoning By-law;
- Considering requests for Minor Variances;
- Regulating land use (zoning compliance);
- Special projects (Community Improvement Plan, Parks and Recreation Master Plan, etc.)