The Planning & Development Division of the Planning & Development and Building & By-law Department is responsible for policy planning and development review in the Township.
The Township’s Official Plan, Zoning By-law, the development application review process and the Committee of Adjustment are also under the umbrella of the Planning & Development Division. The goal of the department is to help the community grow and develop while enhancing the social, economic and environmental aspects of the community.
Our planning services include:
- Policy planning;
- Administering and reviewing development applications such as:
- Subdivisions and Condominiums;
- Land Severances
- Site Plans
- Assessing and recommending appropriate land use changes in accordance with our Official Plan and Zoning By-law;
- Considering requests for Minor Variances;
- Regulating land use (zoning compliance); Please Note: Zoning Compliance documents require a ten day processing period from the date of receipt of a request.
- Special projects (Community Improvement Plan, Parks and Recreation Master Plan, etc.)
Please be advised of the increase to the Planning fees which become effective October 1st, 2017.
Please see Report PD-110-17 below for further information: